Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sleeping Beauty...

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." -Matthew 6:19-21

So this morning I got in a fight with my alarm clock at 6 AM. Let's just say, I won! I won by turning it off and rolling over to get some more sleep. I've felt horrible all day, therefore, I will be meeting up with my elliptical at my house in a few hours.
My grandmother had foot surgery today and it went smoothly. She can't put any weight on it and will have to use a walker for at least 6 weeks. Your prayers are greatly appreciated! :)

Tomorrow is the most dreaded day of all workout days of the week. Friday is official leg day. Why is Friday leg day you ask....well, because you need the entire weekend (and usually monday) to recover. Leg day is AWFUL! I love it, but I'm so sore the next day I can barely walk, but that's what I get for not working them regularly during college. Emily will endure her first leg workout tomorrow. I am interested to see what she has to say. My trainer made this leg workout for me last summer, my gosh it's hard. I'll post it here tomorrow for your reading pleasure, I even challenge you to take a shot at it! Once you get through the first few weeks of doing it, the soreness isn't quite as bad!

You ever have those days where you get down about one little thing and then it feels like everything else in the world is going wrong? Today was one of those days! I woke up feeling terrible because I didn't go running this morning, which automatically made me panic, because what's next week folks? That's right, it's bathing suit season. Then I proceed to worry because I'm not going to feel comfortable. blah blah blah... being a girl is so much fun sometimes... ANYWAY, I was sitting in the office just having my own little pity party when Jesus reminded me that it's really all ok. Jesus wants us to love and appreciate our bodies, but we shouldn't become obsessed with tweaking them all of the time. He cares more about our hearts and what we're doing for eternity. Where is my treasure being stored? "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also..." sometimes I need to tell myself that over and over again. Jesus, forgive me of all the times I get caught up in wordly things instead of putting Your kingdom first. This body is going to disappear one day, but my Spirit will live eternally!

No comments: