Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will" Romans 12:1-2


Today I woke up at 6 AM to be at the gym by 6:30. Got my heart rate up with a lot of interval sprinting, then made my shoulders burn because I worked them like crazy. I walked out of the gym by 7:45 in order to be home by 8. Took and shower and got ready for my first day of work. Walked out of the house at 8:50 and arrived at work at 9:30. I worked from 9:30-4:00. Whew! Talk about a crazy day! On top of this I have two classes I'm taking online. This will take a lot of getting used to, considering this is my new normal this summer. I'm working Monday-Friday 9:30-4 on top of training and school. Your prayers are greatly appreciated!
There's a lot of sacrifice that comes a long with being healthy. Let's face it, it's hard to find time to go to the gym for about an hour at least three days a week. Society today is so consumed by always being busy. What does this mean for our bodies? It means they're tired. We don't take good care of them because we're constantly on the run. Our health is usually the first thing that gets put on the back burner. Getting up at 5-6 AM to get a workout in (whether it be in the gym or at your own house) is extremely hard! I tell you, though, if you can get past the first few days/weeks (the hardest part of your workout it rolling out of bed and putting your feet on the floor!!) you will feel better! Your body will function better and you'll have a lot more energy throughout the day. We just have to make ourselves sacrifice that savored last hour of sleep in the morning!
What does the Bible have to say about all of this? Well, when you think about it, sacrifice is the basis of what the Word is all about. If God wouldn't of sent His Son down as a sacrifice to others, well, we'd be in a whole lot of trouble. There's a lot of sacrifice that has to be made. In order to serve God, you must give Him all of you. Which is hard sometimes. I'm not going to lie, there are some days where I'm like, "ok God, I want to do this and this..." and He's like "um. no." (in a loving way, of course). The only way He says "no" or "wait" is because He loves us and knows what's coming. He has our best interest in mind. God's plan is ALWAYS better than the awesome plan that we think is best for us. Today, talk to God and ask Him His will for Your life, or ask Him to take the reigns today. He really does know what He's doing. It's a scary thing handing over the reigns to your life when naturally, we want to be in control! Trust me, God's way is better than any plan we could ever make up for ourselves, no matter how perfect we may think it is!

No comments: