Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's not everyday you find free chapstick...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine..."
-Proverbs 17:22a


So today Emily and I may have had a little too much fun at the gym, but we got a killer ab workout in with all of the laughs. I think her and I both did not get enough sleep and were delusional. I decided to give some new ab workouts a try and apparently everyone in the gym on a tredmill found us exercising way more interesting than what was being played on the televisions. We worked out our obliques with a medicine ball, standing back to back and rotating while passing the ball. It's a great workout (and apparently people find humor in watching too). I could not stop laughing, it was extremely awkward. People would not stop staring (hence is why I made Emily face everyone and I stood behind her). ;) Hyper-extensions were next and while I was in the middle of a set, Emily brings over a kettle bell. I guess she wanted to make the drill a bit harder, unfortunately the kettle bell felt to be about 3 pounds. (Gee, seems like she thinks i'm strong, huh)? So I threw it down and now she's almost on the floor hysterically laughing. While causing a big scene, she finds chapstick on the floor and yells "Free Chapstick!!" My gosh I'm glad we got out of there. I don't recommend this behavior at the gym, but this morning I just couldn't help it. We did get a great chest and back workout in before the madness began. I'll stick with the excuse that Jesus gave us a lot of joy this morning! :)

I truly believe that people need to learn to laugh at themselves more. Don't be so embarrassed all the time. Let loose and just enjoy the life and the personality that God gave you. Everyone has their quirks and everyone has their moments. Just learn to laugh and have a good time. The Lord wants us to have a joyful Spirit. It makes Him rejoice! Smile when your day isn't going your way, maybe even throw in some laughs. People are watching to see how you will react when something isn't going your way. Especially if they know you follow Jesus. I know it's hard sometimes to not throw yourself a pity party (I threw myself a pretty darn good one earlier this week). But I've learned that everything isn't going to go smoothly all the time. There has to be bumps in the road in order to become a better person and a better Christian. I can look back on just about every pity party i've ever had and laugh about it now. Enjoy life and know that it's all a big lesson to develop character (and flexibility sometimes too). Smile, laugh and goof off today. Enjoy the presence of the Lord!! A cheerful Spirit makes good medicine! :) Be positive about all that's going on in your life, whether it be good or bad! Go buy some chapstick! (Please, don't ever pick up chapstick off of a gym floor. It is not intended to be a free gift. Emily and I kindly left it for someone else)! :)

No comments: