Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 2- I think I'm gonna die

So you know how yesterday I said I felt a bit disappointed because I didn't feel like I was going to die during my workout? Correction, today I thought I wouldn't make it out of that gym alive. I was so sore and it was a lot of up-hill sprinting cardio today. NOT COOL! For those of you who don't know, I seriously think I'm allergic to cardio. Ok, not really, but I just hate it with a burning passion. I can honestly say that I am no longer worried about not seeing results, because my gosh I can feel soreness in every square-inch of my body. Well done, Jillian Michaels, well done. I will continue to press on. This time next week I'll be a lot stronger and a lot less sore. There were a lot of fun little exercises that made me laugh this morning. People give really odd looks when your doing crab walks across the gym. Also, I'll have you know, running at 5.5 mph on a tredmill is not that bad, until the incline goes up to 10 and you have to run like that for a minute. It is not pleasant, folks. Oh well, I was proud of myself for finishing the entire circuit with a lot of running and a lot of ab work.

Emily and I have now recruited Anna (my cousin, her sister) to start joining us as soon as she graduates. We have decided to change up the workouts with an occasional spin class and high-intensity water aerobics. I'm not big on "aerobic classes" just because I do much better in a gym setting. We'll see how this goes...

As I was sitting in the gym (yes, 30 second breaks between circuits, the greatest 30 seconds of my day) I was just thinking of different verses that apply to what I've been going through lately. There were too many. Luckily, I stopped by my old high school this morning to attend a chapel service. One of the ladies in the front office was telling me that there was a secret speaker and I did not want to miss it. When I got there I found out that it was my favorite history teacher in high school, Mr. Burnette. He had never spoken in chapel before and I never understood why. I have never met a man after God's heart like him before. He is so free with his worship and has such passion for the love of God. He hit home today with everyone. I believe God really showed up. He talked about being free from things that were binding you, but also to get over yourself because it's not about you. Repentance is a good thing and it's a lot of what following Jesus is about, but I think a lot of people get it confused. Yes, it's ok to feel bad when repenting or when needing to repent, but you don't repent because you "feel bad." Repenting is the act of turning away, telling Jesus your sorry, and giving glory to Him because He has saved you so that you can repent and turn away. The Bible was written for God, about God and to praise God. It's all about Him. Not about me or you or anything else. The point that really hit home for me was this: You cannot be free until you realize that you have the potential to be the Righteousness of Christ Jesus. We (when I say "we" I'm also talking about myself) need to realize that it is not about us, it's about Him. We need to stop going to church because it "feels good" or the Pastor says something that "makes us happy." It's all about Jesus. Just lay anything your struggling with down at His feet so you can be free. That's why He died for you. So we could be redeemed and free, but all in His glory.
Needless to say, it was awesome and really lifted my Spirit. This 30 day fitness journey should not be about me. God gave me this body. He gave me the ability to move it around, exercise and take care of it. Whenever I step into that gym, it should be like a worship service. Everything I do needs to be for Jesus. So, next time I'm running on the tredmill feeling sorry for myself, I'm going to:
1. Pray that God will help me take that thought captive (anything negative is not of God, plus it's not about me anyway)
2. Try my hardest to be positive
3. Give all the glory to God

Is this easy? NO! I challenge you to do it too. Fitness is important, but what are you doing to better yourself mentally, emotionally and spiritually? Wellness is about the entire aspect of the mind and body. It's important that it's all taken care of! :)

No comments: