Saturday, May 22, 2010

Resting and Working Out...

"The LORD your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."
-Zephaniah 3:17

One of my favorite workout rules is "get enough rest." Doesn't that sound wonderful? Especially on days where I am sore beyond belief. Thankfully, I am not as sore as I thought I would be. My legs really do not hurt bad at all. I have a bit of soreness in my quads and glutes. I am extremely thankful!!
Anyway, it's extremely important to get enough rest while training. Especially if you're training hardcore 5-6 days a week. Muscles have to have proper recovery time or they cannot build. Never train the same muscle group two days in a row. Here's what happens: when you work a muscle, cells break a part and the muscle needs repairing. (That's a big reason why you get sore). If you work the same muscle group the very next day, you're doing more damage to the muscle and it cannot repair properly. So, make sure you get plenty of rest, good sleep and take a day off if you're not energized enough and your body is just ridiculously tired. Careful, though, it's easy for one off day to turn into two, then three etc. :)
Jesus wants us to rest in His presence. The Word says to be still and know that He is God. He also continually reminds us that rest is important. Especially if we're tired and weary. So, enjoy yourself an off day, just don't go crazy! Happy Saturday everyone!! :)
Oh, and a very happy birthday to my awesome workout buddy, Emily!! :)

No comments: