Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 3- I am fearfully and wonderfully made!

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well."
-Psalm 139:14
I always knew that a lot of fitness/weight/exercise/health (whatever you want to call it) was strongly attached to your emotions. I really did not realize it until last night. Last night my mom was talking to me and I had a little bit of a breakdown. There's a lot of stuff going on in life right now, but the fitness definitely adds a bit of stress to it. My body is tired and sore and I'm one of those people that gets frustrated when I have goals set but don't see them happen in a week. I think a lot of people are that way. I know exercise takes a lot of hard work and it takes time to see the incredible results. I was just discouraged and down last night. This is my passion. This is what I want to do. Last night I cried out to God asking Him why fighting for my passion was so hard. Then I just felt in my Spirit, "I never said it would be easy, just that it would be worth it." Now of course, in the Bible this refers to the Christian walk. The Christian walk is certainly not easy, but Jesus promises us that it's completely worth it. It can also relate to anything in life though. Like I said when I started this journey, anything worth having is worth fighting for. So, if this is truly my passion, am I willing to fight for it?
I am fearfully and wonderfully made. God puts passions in us for a certain purpose. Because of those passions and desires He has instilled in us, we have the capability to impact a lot of people for the Kingdom of God, but only if we're walking according to God's plan. Obediance is key! I challenge you, cry out to God in times of weariness, discouragement and weakness. God wants to carry you, He wants to hear your cries. God is the best personal trainer there is! There is a lot of good things that come a long with that such as:
1. It's a totally free gift (personal trainers and life coaches are expensive these days)!
2. He WANTS to know you and be with you every single second of the day
3. He already knows what's going to happen-He has a plan. (Wouldn't you want to trust someone that knew the complete and total will of your life? If it's by God then it has to be a good thing! Goodness only comes from God)!
The key is to walk in obediance. Sometimes obeying God is not the easiest thing to do, nor does it win very many popularity contests, but God is faithful! Thank you, Lord, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made! There is a purpose written in my life. A task that needs to be completed that no one else can fulfill. It's a calling on my life. God has a calling on your life too! One you must complete, but only by walking in obediance with Him! Be encouraged! God has chosen you for His purpose! That's enough to make me excited!

No comments: