Thursday, May 13, 2010

He gives strength to the weak!

"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
-Isaiah 40:28-31

Today was an "off-day." Meaning that I only got to take the working out part off. The nutrition is still full throttle. I do not get a free nutrition day until the end of this 30 day journey. I find myself extremely sore and kind of down today. Satan has been attacking me with negative thoughts saying that this thing isn't going to work and there's no way I'm going to inspire people now or in the future. Not cool! I found those verses in Jeremiah to be so encouraging today. The Lord is my strength, especially when I'm tired (sore) and weary. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things early tomorrow morning. I'm hoping next week to take a spin class, I've heard they're pretty tough. I am thankful for the rest that my body is getting today, despite the non-stop feeling of soreness. It just means the plan is working!
So, my challenge to you today is: even if you're sore...KEEP WORKING! Just think, if you stick to it, you'll never be this sore again! Each day you'll get stronger and the workouts will become more enjoyable and easier. Then, when your "jump start" workout plan is over, you don't have to stress your body out nearly as much. Keep pushing towards your goal despite any pain that you may be feeling! It's worth it!!

No comments: