Sunday, May 30, 2010

Do as I say, not as I do...

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9


Ok, so you know how I was telling you about how you need to be careful about taking a "rest" day. (Because one day will turn into two etc..) yeah, that kinda happened to me. :/ I know, how terrible, but i'll be honest, I didn't work out on Thursday or Friday. I travelled a lot this week, but it is still no excuse. I could have made time. Today I got my butt handed to me. I was doing real well running one mile everyday, but you'll never believe how bad running a mile hurts after not running for three days. I was in PAIN!!! So, my lesson has been learned. I will forevermore not take three running days off, because it is a pain in the butt (literally) when trying to start back!
My challenge to you today is to stick with it! No matter what excuse you come up with, there is always a way to fit a tiny work out in. Whether it's going up and down your stairs at your house, running down the street or any other exercise you can think of. Just keep your body moving. I will tell you that I stayed right on track with the nutrition, which is good, because if I hadn't- running a mile would've been a lot more painful that it was this morning. Never give up, especially after you hit a bump in the road or mess up. It's not the end of the world. Wellness is a learning experience, it's never something that can be perfected, but you can be successful. Start out with cutting out the foods that you are extremely bad for you. (Fruit instead of fries, baked potato instead of mashed potato etc). Try cutting out as much carbonated and caffeinated drinks as possible (I know it's hard, that's probably my biggest dietary weakness). Drink lots of water. Perservere, I promise if you truly make an effort to become healthier and make better choices, you will be successful. It's up to you how "hard-core" you decide to go. People work and train in many different ways for many different reasons. Do what works best for you! Don't follow a bunch of rules, because those rules will easily be broken. This is one of the only times where rules are open to be tweaked and made to work for you!

There are some days where I feel like I can't accomplish the goals that I have set for myself. It's important to hand it all over to God. He will give you the strength to perservere and fulfill to the desire that He has put in your heart. (As long as the desire is from Him and honorable to Him, of course)! Do not be afraid of a new challenge, especially if it's a difficult one. Be strong and courageous! :)

No comments: