Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Directions

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34 (NIV)
"So don't ever worry about tomorrow. After all, tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Stop Judging-" Matthew 6:34 (GOD'S WORD Translation)


If you read this blog regularly, it doesn't take much to figure out that not only am I a thinker, but I let it turn into worry at times. This has been an on-going process since I was a child. In my younger years at school, I used to practically break out in panic attacks because I thought my mom would not come pick me up from school. Then as I got older, if I left the house without telling my family that I loved them, I would worry that I may never get the chance to tell them again. Recently, as you'll notice in previous posts, I have been consumed with the future, asking God what He has for me down the road...
In the last week, God basically hit me with a brick wall. A series of events have unfolded in my life over the last two weeks that have changed my way of thinking. I am hearing God saying, "Sarah, it's time. The worrying is going to stop NOW." Why am I not asking God for what He has for me right now? How did God tell me this? Well, basically anything that I could possibly have control over the last week was completely slipped out from under me. I got put into a few situations where it was just impossible to have control. My hands were tied, the only way that things could be sorted out was to give it to God. He was the only one that could come through for me. God closed the door on a relationship that I had been pursuing whole-heartedly for the last year. This time a month ago, if I ever even thought of this relationship stopping, I didn't know what I would do. I had no idea the weight of the burden I had been carrying on my shoulders until it was lifted off. God is so good! Thank You, Lord, for protecting me! Derwin Gray's series on relationships has changed my entire outlook on love. I am a treasure that deserves to be pursued and treasured by a Godly man who whole-heartedly loves the Lord! A man who challenges me to constantly growing closer to God!  
Another significant thing that happened was my graduation date from college got pushed back. For the first time since I've been in college, I do not care. I'm not worried about a thing in the world. I'm not worried when, where, what or how I am going to do anything. 


Two years ago a man by the name of Jim Laffoon had a word for me straight from God. He said that God did not want me to judge the end by the beginning of a situation/circumstance. It has been a constant battle this week. I have had to literally speak out loud telling satan to get behind me. The enemy has attempted at so many mind games with me this week, it is ridiculous. My complete hope and trust is in the Lord. I'm done with worrying. I'm done with overanalyzing. I'm done with judging the end by the beginning. God is God. He is my defender. ALL things are done for my good. (And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28).


It's been a tough yet refreshing week. God has made His presence and heart known. I am grateful for the growth that I've experienced over this last year, but more so this past week. Even though it was tough and painful, I am such a stronger woman. Thank You, Lord, for never leaving or forsaking me. :)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

love love love. :) If I could be half the person you are I would be in good shape!