Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Trust Fall

I remember about a week before Christmas break was over, I began thinking to myself, "gosh, I can't wait to get back to school just so I will have a routine!" Well guess what? I got my wish and now I wish I was back on break again! haha! I do not know what's wrong with me this semester. It's really cold, rainy, a little icy and dreary here right now, so that automatically makes me feel bad. I have 4 classes Tuesday and Thursday that start at 9:30 in the morning and go until 3:15 in the afternoon with no breaks.
Something you may not know about me, I have low blood pressure and low iron levels. So when my blood sugar levels drop, so does everything else! Today was just bad, I didn't get the nutrition or amount of calories I needed in between classes so I had so much trouble staying focused. I am going to sit down tomorrow sometime and figure out how to get that under control. I think once that problem is solved, everything else will go A LOT more smoothly. :)
On a more positive note, I am happy to be back in Greenville, hanging out with my roommates and seeing familiar faces. I love the department that I am in at ECU because it seems to be a close-knit group and everyone is so nice. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone this semester. I also love how the professors really will go out of their way to make sure that I grasp the material and really understand what exactly they want me to know. Thank You, Lord, for blessing me with professors like that!
I went back to the Student Rec Center for the first time this semester! I believe a lot of people have successfully kept their new years resolutions so far, because it was PACKED! It's always good to see people in there trying to get back into shape. I really do hope they are successful and stick with it not just this year, but every year for the rest of their lives! I jogged for a warmup and then ran/walked about a mile. Then worked on the beloved (currently non-existent) abs. I will be working hard on my core this semester so that my back can take a rest!
I am taking a class this semester entitled, "Obesity Prevention and Treatment." I am really looking forward to furthering my knowledge with obesity and will share the things that I find interesting in the blog.

With the terrible day that I had today, I really had to sit back and just ask God for help. I have so much to learn and concentrate on in this semester that even beginning to think about future plans just gives me a horrible headache. Basically, I feel that God is trying to teach me that I only need to focus on the current task at hand. With hard work, determination and complete reliance on Him, everything else will fall into place in God's perfect way. That is something I am going to try harder than anything else I do this year, is to just trust God. He wants me to do that so badly, because I hear Him say it about 5 billion times a day.

 If you have ever done a ropes course, there is a group exercise called the "trust fall." I used to love it when I was a kid. For those of you who have never heard of it, one person climbs up on top of a tall stand while a group of maybe 6 people stand below with their arms out, making a "bed" for you to fall on. The person on the stand has to turn around, cross their chest and fall backwards, trusting that their teammates will catch them. I feel as though I am in that spot spiritually. I am up on this stand, looking down below and there is Jesus, standing with His arms out, promising to catch me even though I have no idea what my future holds. All He is saying is, "Sarah, just trust Me." "Sarah, do you truly trust Me?" He is asking me to have the faith and trust in Him to turn around and fall right into His arms.

Lord, I trust You.

No comments: