Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11 New Beginnings!!

I've never been one to make new year's resolutions. I know this is about to sound extremely pessimistic, but I have always thought, "why make new year's resolutions when they're only going to be broken after two months?" This year is different for me, though. I can feel it. I know that God has a lot in store for me in 2011, not that He hasn't had anything in store for me in previous years. This year just feels different.
There are a few things that I would like to accomplish this year:
1. I want God to continue to teach me, stretch me, challenge me and use me. I want to know God on an even more intimate level than I know Him now. I need to strive not to live so much by a schedule, but to trust Him and all that He has for me. There are no surprises with God. Every bump in the road that I will face this year will be no surprise to God. He knows exactly what is going to happen. It is my choice of how I am going to react to it.

2. If my school route stays on track for graduation in December, I want to be in tip top shape when I am walking across the stage. This year brings many exercise classes, lifts and cardio. It is going to be tough, but I really think that I am going to enjoy it.

3. Strive to be more self-less. I want to reach out to those who need a friend or someone to listen too. I want to be someone that others know they can rely on. I want people to see me a loyal and as someone who will always be there for others.

4. Take better care of my body. I need to be more consistent. I need to stay on a regular routine and be committed to taking great care of my physical self. Exercise regularly, eating properly and taking care of my skin. For Christmas my mom bought me some great Merle Norman skin care products that I have fallen in love with! I've never had acne or anything like that, but I want my skin to be in good shape as I grow older and this stuff is amazing!

Those four things may seem little and a bit silly, but they are important to me. My prayer for this year is that the Lord will continue to mold me into the woman that I am meant to be. To be used for His purpose and to not get distracted by the little things that do not matter in the long run. I am looking forward to going back to school in a week to see what is in store for the semester!

Side note: I have no idea what happened to my pirates! The Military Bowl was absolutely terrible! Our defense has been weak all season, but I know that it is better than what they played like this past week. I hate that the season had to end like that, especially for the seniors. Thank you to all of the senior Pirate Football Players for giving us your all over the last few years. It has been a pleasure attending games and having a great time. There is nothing better than being a Pirate! Even after that ugly loss, my heart still bleeds Purple and Gold!
GO! GO E! GO E-C! GO E-C-U HEY!

2 comments:

Sarah M said...

Hey Sarah!
My name is Sarah Melton too. Google alerted me to your blog. I'm a hard working/studying, Jesus-lover too and married my Prince Charming two years ago. God loves happy endings and loves to show off! Congratulations on your resolutions - Keep pressing on. :-)

Sarah Melton said...

What a small world! Thanks so much for the comment and encouragement! That means so much to me! It is so neat that there is another Sarah Melton! :)