Friday, February 25, 2011

Whirlwind of a week!

This week has been insane! When I say insane, I mean insanely awesome! Let me tell you why...

Monday: one class and was only required to do two lifts (meaning that I only had to do two lifting exercises 3 sets of 10). My body was extremely thankful because I have been sore for about 6 days straight. It is in desperate need of recovery!
Tuesday: Got extra credit in a class for going to an aerobics class, almost understood what was going on in Exercise Phys (yeah that's a big deal!), and then got to hang out with the coolest person that I know! I managed to get some studying in. :)
Wednesday: Only 2 lifts again...which my body was once again extremely grateful for! Got a B on my midterm! yeah!! I also found out that I get extra credit for allowing the department to conduct a 48 hour research study on me! I'm required to wear a monitor on my ankle, which kinda looks like I'm on house arrest...but who cares- it'll make me look tough :D... and it's extra credit!!
Thursday: Classes all day- found out I have terrible short term memory (yes, it was an experiment that proved true), but that's ok...I will improve it :) Got to play basketball, got to stand up for my "being lady like" beliefs (I didn't get to say anything, but I proudly raised my hand)and was introduced to The Coffee Shack- this great place where I can get some studying done. woo!
Friday: no classes. yay :)

Everything that I just typed was random and probably very insignificant to any individual choosing to read this blog, but it's my blog and I wrote what was on my mind. :D

This week, God has confirmed that He has all of my concerns under control. I tend to get ahead of myself a lot. Earlier this week, I had a discussion about how the basis of a relationship with God is trust. Actually, it should be the basis of every relationship. Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about how simple that is... but I make it so complicated. God just wants us to trust Him. That's it. I think we, as humans, tend to complicate so many things that do not need to be that way. Simplicity is a beautiful thing, in all aspects of life. :)

One more thing, earlier in this post I said something about being able to stand up for my "lady like" beliefs. It was cool to be able to do that- but sadly I was standing alone. I don't mind standing alone, but why weren't any other girls standing up? The subject was the Sociology of Sport. The professor played a video talking about women being marketed in sports. Except they weren't being marketed for their talent- they were being marketed based on looks. I was almost sick with the pictures that were flashing up on the screen. Well known women athletes, women that many little girls look up to, posing for multiple pictures- half naked, provocative and degrading herself. WHY?! Why are women buying into the lie that they are just useful as objects? What happened to being honorable, modest and classy? It makes me so sad. Have we forgotten what it means to be a lady? Someone who is to be looked up to, carries herself with integrity and needs to be cherished? I get so frustrated sometimes. I've actually had people come up to me and ask why I dress, talk and act the way I do. I've had people tell me that I'm too uptight, need to loosen up. I, personally, don't think I'm too "uptight."Since when is it wrong to be a lady?  Innocence is a good thing, people!!

I should probably step off my soap box before I say something not so nice :)


I like being a lady. It's fun. :)

No comments: