Wednesday, June 19, 2013

For those needing some encouragement! You're not a mistake!

I meant to post this sooner, but I suppose this could be a timing thing. I wrote this blog as I was flying home from California last weekend. I hope you find it encouraging!
_________________________________________________________________________________

I am currently 39000 feet in the air, burdened for those who feel that they're a mistake...

To the girl who feels she has no purpose:
You are not a mistake. You were birthed with a purpose. Circumstances may not be the best for you at the moment, but your circumstances do not have to dictate your joy. Whether you believe in Him or not, God is using this "dry" season in your life to give you strength you never knew you had. I firmly believe that the strength given to you will open doors to places and opportunities you never thought were possible. You are much more than just "good enough." You carry greatness inside of you. You are pretty enough, you are smart enough, you have purpose. You have purpose until you take your very last breath...keep breathing. You're going to make it! You are loved.

To the man who feel he will never measure up:
You are a good man. That may be the first time that statement was ever said to you...but the statement is true. You are a good man. Maybe you don't feel like it at the moment, but there is greatness inside of you. Allow God to shape you and mold you into the man you are destined to be. You are better than just good enough. May you're rolling your eyes and thinking, "the girl writing this blog is nuts...she clearly doesn't know all that I've done." I hope you know that Jesus did all that needed to be done...your past stops here. He holds the power to cast your mistakes as far as the east is from the west. You are a good man with a great future.

There are plenty of days when I feel like there are plenty of people who could do my job better, who are smarter, prettier, etc. You would be surprised by how often I struggle with those thoughts. But you know what? Does the person who I know could do my job better than me have my job? No. Does the person who is smarter than me feel like they're adequate for the job they have? Probably not. Does the person who I believe to be prettier than me not have any insecurities about herself? I seriously doubt it.

I know I can't go through life ever being good enough on my own. I'm so grateful that Jesus knew that too. He is able to take every weakness I have and apply His strength to help me overcome. I know I'm not good enough, but greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. I'm so glad that I don't have to measure up...because 2000 years ago, after Jesus declared, "it is finished," that measuring stick was snapped in half, never to be used again.

1 comment:

Christy M. Cotterman said...

Hi :) I love your blog! I would love to be in touch with you about some blogging opportunities. Would you mind touching base with me via email at christy(at)whollyhealingexperience(dot)com.