Friday, December 9, 2011

Here's to 21!

This past week, I celebrated my 21st birthday. I've heard many people say that being 21 feels so different... so free. Honestly, this week I've told a few people that I'm 20, then have to say, "oh wait, I'm 21." I don't feel any different. I am living my life the same way I was when I was 20... completely surrendered to Christ, trusting Him to lead me.

I'm grateful for the 21 years I've had. I look at how much I have grown, changed and matured. I have learned so much. The most important thing I've learned (and continue to learn every day) is that God is the ultimate provider, protector and Prince. He is the reason I breathe. My prayer is that the next 21 years will be used to bring honor and glory to the Giver of Life!

Of course, what would a 21st birthday be without a little celebration...
These people mean the world to me. They are my friends, my family. The greatest spiritual family a girl could ask for! They stand beside me, encourage me and believe in me. God truly knows what He's doing when He puts people into your life! 

We celebrated a the King's Kitchen in Uptown Charlotte. Anyone who knows me knows that I love to get dressed up and walk around uptown. I have no idea why. I guess it's the atmosphere. I don't get to go out much, simply because I live so far away from the city and I'm usually busy with school, but when I do get out, I enjoy going nice places where I can dress up and feel like a grown up haha! 
After we ate a delicious meal, we all put on our coats and walked through Uptown Charlotte to see what was going on. We walked to the Epicenter and remembered that the ACC Championship was being held in Charlotte that weekend. We saw tons of Hokies and Tigers. When we arrived at the Epicenter, we see the Marching Bands both playing their fight songs. It was neat to watch! 

On our way to the Epicenter, I experienced the greatest part of the my birthday. I absolutely love ballroom dancing. I danced in middle school and really miss it. As I was walking through town, I heard a big band playing music. I had my entire party cross the street to go listen. Then the greatest part... my daddy asks me to dance. I adore that man... he is my hero! We were able to swing dance for quite sometime and I had a blast. My mom was able to snap a few pictures. I will always remember that dance. Unfortunately, since I'm getting older, I don't normally get the chance to spend time with my daddy. I treasure the memories that we have together. This was one of the sweetest ones:



I am so appreciative of all the people that were a part of my birthday weekend! Here are some more pictures from the fun weekend! 

Charlotte was decorated for Christmas! It was beautiful!
My good friend, Theresa, was able to come and spend the weekend with me! 
My mom is my best friend! She has sacrificed so much for me over the years! One day, when I grow up, I was to be just like her! I hope I make her proud :)
My Pastor and his wife were able to come also! I love them so much! They gave me a wonderful book that I had been asking for for a while and they had no idea! It was a blessing!
The infamous couple! I'm glad that Anna and Tyler were able to come and celebrate with me!
Ian and Alan! The two older brothers I never had... they are a blessing to me! I arrived at my party completely stressed from a week full of project and paper deadlines. Ian had me laughing in no time and Alan can make you feel better with his smile!
I had a wonderful time walking around with them! There's never a dull moment around any of them!
Family <3 I do not deserve them!



The grand question that everyone gets asked on their 21st... WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I'll tell ya what I did...
I drank an extra scoop of protein and ordered a soda at dinner. I know...WOAH... calm down, Sarah! Here's what I've been looking forward to since I was 16:
I CAN APPLY FOR THE AMAZING RACE!! I've been wanting to be on this show since it began years ago! My partner is beginning to work on our application video and I am going through the written application. I honestly can't tell you how bad I want to be on this show! I think my partner and I would perform incredibly on this show! Here's to hoping we get to race! 

and the ultimate awesome thing that happened... it's so awesome that I had to save it for last...

There is currently a package being shipped to my house. A package that I never thought I would have the pleasure of receiving. A package with such wonderfulness in it, I can hardly believe it. Want to know what's in this package? I'll give you a hint... then I'll blog about it when it is actually received.

15. 

That's the only hint I'm giving. I can't wait to blog about it with pictures!