Monday, March 14, 2011

I can't seem to do anything simple...

Spring Break is over and I think it's safe to say that I ended it with quite a bang...

I was driving back to school in the inside lane of the highway, minding my own business, with a Dodge Durango in front of me and 3 humvee army vehicles to my right. The man driving the Durango (who by far won the most annoying person of the day award) decided to slow down ridiculously fast so that his kids could look at the military vehicles... leaving Graceful (that'd be me) to slam on breaks in order to slow down fast enough. (I was on cruise control going 72 in a 65... speeding but keeping with the flow of traffic). Well, ABS breaks kicked in and my car apparently did not feel like stopping. I tried to get between the durango and the humvees (I drive a small car). Well, that plan of attack was working until the humvee hit my back bumper and I lost control of the car. At this point all I remember is screaming "JESUS" over and over again at the top of my lungs. Thankfully, instead of hitting another car, I run into the ditch off the right side of the road. If I would've swerved any other way, I would've been as good as dead. I remember finally stopping after what felt like 5 minutes, I kept my hands on the steering wheel and just told God "Thank You." Then I did what any other girl would do...I called my Daddy! As I'm on the phone with my dad, the army people come and ask me if I was okay (which I was, praise God!) Then Mr. Dodge Durango decides he's going to pull over, get out of his car and tease me a bit. 2 words: Bad Idea. He basically told me that I shouldn't of had my music so loud and I shouldn't have been on my cell phone.
1. I wasn't on my phone
2. How do you know how loud my music was, were you in the car? I don't think so!
So, after I had had enough with redneck durango man, I forced myself to go lock myself in my car until the patrolman got there. I can't tell you how bad I wanted to hit mr. durango man. It was extremely frustrating. About 10 minutes later, the highway patrolman gets out there. Who proceeds to run after the patrolman to tell the story? You got it... durango man. He tells him that I was on my cell phone and was going 85-90 miles an hour. I WAS ON CRUISE CONTROL. I couldn't have been going 90... unless he was going 90 too. Anyway...
Of course I got charged at fault of the wreck. It was my fault. My Aunt Carrie came to my rescue! She picked me up and got a tow truck to take my car away to be fixed. Then my wonderful friend, Michael (also the coolest person I know), came and rescued me by picking up me, with all of my stuff, and took me back to Greenville! What a nice guy, right? :)
I am happy to say that I just got off of the phone with my insurance company and they are going to take care of everything and my charges are going to be dropped! WOO! *insert happy dance here*

One really neat thing that happened with the wreck is that I had two people praying for me because they felt that I was going to be in a wreck. They will never know how grateful I am for them praying for my safety. Yesterday (the day after the accident) I had my melt down. I had a wonderful friend there for me, though. I am so grateful for God protecting me that day. It was by far one of the scariest things I've ever experienced.

On a lighter note, spring break was wonderful! I enjoy spending time with my family! If only ECU and my hometown were closer.

Now it's time to get back into the swing of things. I haven't worked out in a week and today I go back to doing what EXSS does... work out class. This week will be a rude awakening after not exercising for a week, but I'm determined to get my act together before summer!

No comments: