Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Start!

I cannot believe that today is the first day of 2012! Where did 2011 go?!
2011 brought a lot of sweet memories and a lot of growth in my relationship with the Lord!

Of course, 2012 looks to bring a lot of excitement as well:
1) I GRADUATE COLLEGE!!! I can't believe that graduation is only 4 months and 5 days away! (Not like I'm counting down or anything...)
2) I'll start my internship
3) I'll get a job (everyone agree and claim it with me)!
4) This year will bring the end of my academic career.
5)The Lord's Favor will show heavily this year!
6) Did I mention that I graduate college?!

A few weeks ago, I heard an awesome sermon series about finding favor with the Lord. I wrote about it in a previous blog. As I enter this new year, I want to focus on finding His favor in every situation, whether I see it as good or bad. There's favor in everything, I just have to choose to look for it and acknowledge that it is there. So, there will be no "new year's resolution" for me this year, but I do plan to fully look for God's favor on my life in every situation.

This year will bring a lot of growth, change and adjustment. I look forward to all that God has in store! I feel like this year will have its handful of challenges, which is why I am having trouble getting excited about this new year, but I am working on being joyful.

No matter what this year brings, I want my heart to rejoice in the fact that I am walking in truth and that my heart belongs to the Lord! He is my defender and the love of my life! My heart belongs to Him and Him alone. No attack of the enemy will prosper because God is keeping my heart safe and protected!

I challenge you in this upcoming year to not only look for favor, but to walk in it. Don't let circumstances bring you down and rob you of your joy. The enemy wants more than anything to steal, kill and destroy you. Rejoice ALWAYS and be CONSTANT in prayer. Walk by the Spirit; He will lead you and show you where to go.

Happy 2012 to all of my wonderful readers. Thank you for joining me on my adventure of growing up. I hope that my blogs encourage you and challenge you to grow deeper in your relationship with Christ!

"Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."- Philippians 3:13-14 ESV

No comments: