Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fighting Complacency

The new semester has started! It feels odd knowing that this is it... the last hoo-rah for school. I must say that I am more than ready to move on! I'm struggling with not wishing the time away. I know I will look back and treasure the moments I had at school forever, but the opportunity that I know is waiting for me in the future is just soo exciting!

Physically and Emotionally things are going great! I'm excited about moving on with my life and to see all that this semester holds.

Spiritually speaking, I'm definitely fighting some complacency. I feel as though I have fallen into a complacent phase in my spiritual life, but I don't want to be there. It truly snuck up on me out of no where. I believe that Christmas break was extremely busy and I found it very easy to neglect the time that I spent with God. I guess now I'm sort of feeling the consequences of that. Getting back in the groove of spending time with God can be difficult. My biggest desire is for God to mold my heart into the woman that He wants me to be. I want to walk with God-confidence, not selfish-pride. I want Him to be the center of every decision I make, every thought that I have and every action that I make. I want my life to reflect His love instead of my own desires and success.

It's funny, as I sit here typing all of this out, I can feel the Holy Spirit alive and moving in my heart. He wants me to have these desires.

My prayer for you (and most definitely myself) is that you will be so in tune with the Holy Spirit that it affects every single aspect of your life. That the way you think, talk and act would be changed. God wants to be your best friend! What are some things you can do to make this possible?
I know for me, I can not spend so much time procrastinating online and get my school work done so I'm not dead tired when it's time to spend time with Jesus. I also need to start of my day with reading a devotional and applying it throughout my day. I can also begin looking at the positive things in every situation, no matter how good or bad. I know I can start looking and asking for favor again. I'm all about me some F.O.G. (Favor of God), but lately I've been forgetting to ask for it!

Most of all, I want to trust the Lord. One of the biggest elements to a successful relationship (no matter what type of relationship it may be) is the element of trust. I want to give God my whole heart and allow Him to mold it the way He desires it to be!

 “As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: He is a buckler to all them that trust in Him.” - 2 Samuel 22:31


God's ways are absolutely perfect. They do not contain one flaw. I contain MANY flaws, and want Him to rub off on me as much as possible! It's easy to get distracted in todays society with so many things. I challenge you this week to set aside extra time with just you and Jesus. Pour your heart out to Him. He wants to hear about everything... yes, EVERYTHING. 






No comments: