Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Riches of Your love will always be enough

This summer is going by a lot faster than I thought it would. Even though I'm busy with school, I find myself with a lot of time to sit back and think. This is something I have hardly any time to do during the school year. There's a few things I've come to realize:

1. I didn't realize how broken I am. Sometimes the best part of being broken, is realizing that you're broken. Jesus is really great at putting the pieces back together. I knew I was having great heart-ache, but now I feel like God is showing me that I can trust Him. I believe this time I am truly letting Him put the pieces back together. I've realized that packing my schedule slam full is not the answer to getting rid of brokenness. I believe God has huge things in store for me this summer. I just have to continue trusting Him with every step! Growing, learning and trusting is very uncomfortable at times, but I am so excited about it! The King of the Universe loves me and that's enough to make my heart soar! :)

2. Dwelling on how terrible physics is does not make it any better. I don't know why I do this, but every time I seem to want to have a pity party, I call my daddy. He is the one person that I shouldn't call, because he NEVER joins in on the party with me. He always comes to ruin it with his positive attitude. Yes, it's a good thing, but I definitely do not appreciate it at the moment. He kept reminding me of how this was a summer of perserverance and this was just a test of it. Geez, dad, way to join in on the party. Even though I had absolutely NO desire to listen to what he had to say at the moment, I listened. The next day Jesus got me good. Blake, one of the campus ministers here at ECU, was preaching on walking in the Spirit. Then he talked about how negativity is not a good thing (yes, I knew that, but I needed to hear it again. When I get a negative attitude, I can find about a million ways to justify it), and you can't have a negative attitude while walking in the Spirit. Therefore, if I want to walk in it, I better check my attitude. :) Thanks Jesus... and daddy.

3. I am in love. Yes, I said it! I'm in love... with LES MILLS (Body Attack, Body Pump)! This program is amazing! (Yes...AMAZING)!! I have been anti-group fitness classes since I've gotten involved with fitness. As a part of my major, I'm required to take a group fitness class. I decided to get it out of the way over the summer since it's something that I didn't really want to do. I started taking it and now I can't wait to go every morning! I've met a great group of girls in my class and we've decided to go together all through out the school year next year! It's nice meeting other people in my major that share the same passions as I do. If you have a gym in your area that offers Les Mill's programs, I challenge you to take one of their classes! It will push you hard!

I am about to start training for something that I never thought I would do. Dash For Divas Sprint Triathalon. If you would've told me that I'd be training for a mini-tri in high school...I would've laughed in your face! Needless to say, I am so excited about starting this training! I'm in the process of finding a Bible verse to dwell on while training for this. I want this to be an act of worship and being thankful for the ability that God has given me. I think it will be easier to memorize scripture if I can apply it to the things I'm passionate about. So instead of going into workouts with nothing on my brain, or with dwelling on how many calories I'll burn.... I'd like to focus on a verse. Thinking of the one who is allowing me to have the ability to do this. I want to take Jesus with me everywhere... I bet He makes a great workout buddy. Seriously, I can't wait to take Body Attack in heaven... it's gonna be awesome.

No comments: