Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Evan.

I had meant to write sooner, but this past week was extremely busy... unfortunately, if contained a huge, tragic and unexpected event.


This is Evan.

Jesus Lover. Leader. Star Football Player. Friend to many. 

Evan went to school with my brother. I remember meeting him once, and you could see life in his eyes. He was genuinely kind. I went to school with one of his sisters and played volleyball with another one of his sisters. I have heard wonderful things about Evan and I wish I could've spent more time around him.

Evan was volunteering at a church reach out event when his life was suddenly and tragically ended. I heard the news of his passing the next morning as soon as I woke up. Even though I didn't know him, I couldn't stop the tears from falling. Evan was my brother's age... I have absolutely no idea what I would do if I woke up one morning and finding out that my brother was never coming home. My heart ached for that precious family. I checked his sister's facebook later that week to see if there were any updates, she expressed her thanks of everyone praying and supporting their family at that time. She knew that she would see her brother again someday. From what people have told me, Evan had a passion and love for the Lord. I am positive that he is in heaven today worshipping and having a blast. 


"We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:8

Jesus brought him home... his permanent home! I will rejoice in knowing that Evan is in a much better place, rejoicing with the Lord! Our spirit wants to be in heaven because it is so much better there. Evan is now in a better place, better than he could have ever possibly imagined while he was here! 

My brother went to a prayer service for the Wolfe family last week. Students from the school gathered together and shared memories. There was one memory that a girl spoke of that has stuck with me since that day. She explained that her and Evan were eating lunch outside the school at picnic tables. She brought up the subject of having a "bucket list," or in other words, things she wanted to do before she died. She named off a list of things, then she turned to Evan and asked him if there was anything he wanted to do before he died. He responded, "No, I have a great life, I don't think there is anything else I would do." Wow, as crazy as this sounds, it brings peace to the situation. It's neat to know that Evan was content and happy with his life. Many people, including myself, could learn from that. 

How much time do we waste trying to improve our life instead of focusing on the Lord and what He has for us? 

I cannot think of any more words to write. Please join me in lifting up the Wolfe family in prayer. 

RIP Evan Wolfe 



No comments: