Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

I can't believe today is the last day of 2013. I remember this day last year. I had in mind the things I would accomplish and what the coming year would bring. But as I look back over the year 2013, I have come to this realization:

I was wrong about everything...and I'm so glad.

This time last year I was sitting across the table from a man I barely knew outside of a gym setting. If you would've told me that this time next year I would be walking down the aisle in less than 3 months, I would've simply laughed at you.

If you would've told me that I would have purchased a home, once again, I would've laughed at you.

If you would've told me that I would be working with clients with various medical issues on a daily basis, I would've told you that you were crazy.

If you would've told me that I was approached by a lady, whom I have never met, and was asked to be a contributor on her Wholly Healing site, I would've said, "yeah, in your wildest dreams."

I thought I was just fine where I was in my life. My relationship with God was great, I had a great job and was enjoying making new friendships. Then God does what He does best, He throws a kink into what you've got going on.


As I look back over this year, I realized that yes, what I had in mind for 2013 would've been great. I would've been happy and I would've been content, but it would be nothing compared to what God had in store for me.

I realized that the dreams I had for myself this year were too safe, too boring, too complacent.

This year has been full of obstacles, but with those obstacles came an abundance of joy. You see, change is something everyone will face when they decide to follow Jesus. We must choose to trust Him on a daily basis, for He is the only one who knows what's right around the corner.

This year many dreams have come true. The man I have been praying for my whole life decided to make his appearance. My dream of contributing to a faith based wellness blog came true. My dream of being a homeowner came true. My dream job became a reality. With great struggle comes great reward. He is good.

As I wrap up 2013, I challenge you to take a look at what you hope is to come in year 2014. As you do everything in your power to stick to this new year's resolutions starting tomorrow, I pray that you will not rely on your own strength, but on God's. Ask Him what He would want you to do in this coming year. Give 2014 to Jesus...I know it'll be your best year yet.

Happy New Year!

No comments: