Thursday, March 22, 2012

I will not forget His promises!

As I was driving down the road on my way to school yesterday, "All Things New" by Elevation Worship was playing when I felt the presence of God enter my car. I had been struggling with what to think about the sudden change that was coming at the end of this semester. I heard the Lord say to me, "My daughter, I am working on your behalf." I immediately felt peace, knowing that He would hold true to this promise!

Over the last few weeks I have been having "mini anxiety attacks." I've only had one major bout of anxiety that was quickly dealt with. Anxiety is something that I have never struggled with, so it was a little difficult to pinpoint at first. I thought it was the Holy Spirit strongly convicting me of something, but I couldn't figure out what I was doing that was wrong. After speaking to a few of my wonderful friends, I discovered the anxiety.
My lovely friend, Victoria, gave me such an encouraging Word from God! She was basically explaining to me that I was entering a new season in life. That is exciting to know, but at the same time it's tough. Transition and change is hard!
In just a few weeks, I will be experiencing change like never before. For the first time I will not have to attend class everyday, complete assignments or present projects. I will be working 40 hours a week for the first time in my entire life. It's exciting, because I will be doing what I love and what I am passionate about, but at the same time I'm leaving a life that I have gotten comfortable with over the last 3 years. I will be living back at home with my family (which I am so excited about), but will be leaving 3 great roommates... 2 of which have been with me since my freshman year of college.
It's almost like I'll be learning to live again. I believe the anxiety was coming from the unknown. Not knowing what friendships I will develop, where I will make my gym home or what I will do after my internship. I believe the scariest part is not knowing where I will go or what I will do once my internship is completed in the summer.
A lot of things are happening in my life right now. Some joyful, some not so joyful, some confusing and some fun. It's a bitter sweet feeling as I enter into the last part of this semester.

All I know and hold onto is the promise that was made to me yesterday morning driving down the road. The Lord is working on my behalf! All I have to do is trust Him and He will provide the way for me. A way that is far more perfect than I could ever imagine!

My dear friends, I challenge you to trust in the Lord! He is working on your behalf!

No comments: