Sunday, May 8, 2011

I celebrate you, mommy!

Even though I believe Mother's Day should be celebrated every day of the year, I am glad that there is a special day set aside to honor the miraculous women I know who are mothers!

I don't even know how to put my mom's greatness into words. I do not deserve a mother like her. She quit a successful, well paying job to raise me and my siblings. She has sacrificed day in and day out anything she could to make my life wonderful. She is soft spoken and slow to anger. She has more grace, compassion and understanding than just about anyone I know. Why did God give me such a wonderful mother? I guess He knew that amongst all of my mess, I would need a stable and Godly woman on her knees praying for me daily. I got caught up in so many different things growing up and my mom never once gave up on me.

I would have given up on me a long time ago. :D

I believe the love of a mother helps reveal the Father's heart for us. There is no love like a mother and no one can understand what it's like until they are a mother (sorry boys). A mother shows nurture and love like no other. Yes, many people show grace and mercy, but not like a mother to her child. Much like Jesus.  I am confident of this: my mother has shown me how to walk in a daily, intimate relationship with the Father. She has shown me how to one day be a good wife and a good mom. There is a large part of me that is not afraid to grow up and learn how to live in the real world because I am confident in how my mom has raised me.

Thank you, mom! A million times over... thank you.

Thank you for washing my clothes when I come home from college (and for all the years before)! Thank you for cooking for me and for teaching me how to cook (and get killer deals at the grocery store). Thank you for teaching me how to be a lady (and for bringing it to my attention when I'm not being lady like). Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for punishing me when I was a kid. Thank you for teaching me the Word. Thank you for making me go to church. Thank you for teaching me what it means to have an intimate relationship with Christ. Thank you for going shopping with me. Thank you for buying me that cute purple dress yesterday (no, seriously, it's adorable)! Thank you for loving daddy and showing myself and others what it means to have a happy marriage. Thank you for being you.

There's a million things that I could say thank you for, but my blog wouldn't  be able to contain so much greatness! You are awesome, Mom! One day I hope to understand the love that you have for me, but until then, I will continue to find ways to show you how great you really are. You are the definition of GREAT!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You have dealt with my junky-ness (junky-ness, is that even a word?) and have fought so much spiritual warfare on my behalf. Thank you for loving me no matter what!

Thank you for being my mommy. (Even though you really had no choice)! :D

I hope I am making you proud!

I love you so much!

No comments: