Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's been a while...

The semester has certainly caught up with me, that's for sure! School, studying, running, training, cooking and sleeping when I get a chance! Friday is the big day! The fitness test to declare my major. Kinda nervous! I took the practice round running test and passed it, so I'm definitely more confident about the test than I was this time last week!

So last blog, I bragged about my super-awesome run like the wind brother. I am proud to say that he made All Conference Cross Country Team!! He also placed 4th in the conference championship...and he's only a SOPHMORE!! I am the proudest big sister on the planet! I want everyone to know!!

Lately, a lot of my friends are either a) getting in to a relationship b) getting engaged or c) have gotten married. Sometimes I have an emotional girly moment where I'm like, "ok God, when is it going to be my turn?" Then before I can blink, God reminds me (over and over and over and over again, I don't know how He puts up with me half the time), to just chill out and wait. I'm really not a good waiter at all. God promised us that ALL things work together for our good. We just need to wait on the Lord and trust in Him. I will see His goodness! I'm extremely happy for all of my wonderful friends who God has blessed them with a companion. I know that one day they will be extremely happy for me too. I just have to wait a little longer than others. :) Plus, I'm kinda a hard girl to handle. Stubborn? no. I'm just...me. I'm definitely not your typical woman, but God made me that way. I scream at football games, I think working out is fun, I like action movies, BUT, I love the color pink, do not have a high pain tolerance, love to exfoliate my face and believe it or not, I do like to dress up and wear heals from time to time. One day, there will be a man to come a long and think, "my gosh, I thought no woman on the planet was like that....THAT'S HER!" So, I will wait for my prince charming, because prince charming does exists! I don't care what society says these days! :)

My cousin is in Nicaragua right now. She is working with malnourished children in an orphanage. She is there for three months and really has a heart for these children. Please pray for her, though, as she has started to come down with some type of illness. She is not supposed to come home until December. She is visiting a doctor tomorrow and hopefully they will be able to help her out.

I know this blog is a lot different from others, but there was a lot going on and I just felt like rambling! Speaking of ramble....I'm off to Tennessee this weekend! (Ok, Tennessee and ramble have nothing to do with each other, but it seemed like a good transition phrase). I'm going with my family, a dear friend of mine and his wonderful family (who I have not met, but am looking forward to meeting). We're all going to the Alabama/Tennessee game. Who will I cheer for you ask? I have no clue...I personally hate both teams. I'm a gator but most importantly I'm a PIRATE! (DOWN WENT THE WOLFPACK THIS WEEKEND!! ECU BEAT THE PACK!!!) It's been an incredible week to be a pirate! Anyway, I'm most likely going for Tennessee because I had some family go there and I'm still incredibly bitter at Alabama for beating the Gators and my man! (Tim Tebow, for all of those who are wondering. I'm convinced that he is my prince charming, so back off ladies)! ;)

As for when I'll update again, there's no clue! Please pray for Anna and my fitness test on Friday. I'll update about it when I get my results!

No comments: