Sunday, August 29, 2010

He who promised is faithful!

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." -Hebrews 10:23

So, I wake up this morning feeling awfully sore (new squat exercises on friday, it was painful to say the least), but I did get up early and got ready for church! Why? Cause God is cool like that, that's why. He has been teaching me about waiting on Him and to be ready to see what He will do. So, here I am, sitting, even though it is extremely hard to sit right now, and waiting to see what God will do. Anyway, back to church, I was there and having trouble focusing in on what was going on until Pastor Mike gets up and quotes my verse!

"I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! WAIT for the Lord, be STRONG, and let your HEART take COURAGE; WAIT for the Lord." -Psalm 27:13-14


I will have you know that I am one of the least patient people on the entire face of the universe. I hate waiting on pretty much everything. For example: I hate resting during reps at the gym because it's a form of waiting until I can continue, I hate waiting when something is cooking, I hate waiting on professors to get to class, I hate waiting when someone is late etc. You get the picture. One of the biggest things I hate waiting on is something good to happen, especially when you have to work in order for it to get that way. Which brings me to my fitness point of this blog:

It is impossible to get results over night. I have worked with a few people over the last year or so that get mad at me because I make them sore after one workout and they do not see a difference the next day. It takes proper exercise and nutrition on a consistent basis for about 6 weeks before the average person sees any kind of results. Just thought I'd throw that in there ;)

Same goes with God. Something was said in church today that made me feel a whole lot better about myself. "The Bible is a story of people who failed miserably at a lot of things, yet still changed the world for the sake of Christ." This means there's still hope for me!!! Totally made my day!! I do not even know where to begin when it comes to things I've messed up miserably with yet somehow it still came out to glorify God. Thank you, Jesus, for making me a walking talking disaster! If that's what I have to do to bring you praise, well let me continue to make a mess of things! God promised us that we will see His goodness, as long as we are walking with Him. So, the big question is, are you walking faithfully with Him? Have you given Him every single part of you? I know there are days where I take matters into my own hands (that's usually when the walking, talking disaster episode takes place). Be encouraged! The goodness of the Lord is coming for those who love Him!

No comments: