Thursday, June 3, 2010

it's hard-core now!

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."
-Psalm 1:1-3



So memorial day weekend is really great and all, but my gosh it's hard to stick to your diet. I went to visit my lovely friends from college since I do not get to see them over the summer earlier this week! It was so great to see them again! The only challenging part of the two days that I was gone was that I ate out every single meal. Talk about tough stuff! I automatically chose salads, but there's a lot to consider when you order a salad. Like: what do they marinate the chicken (or other type of meat in)? How much cheese is on it, how much dressing did they put on it...ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get dressing on the side. I think I did ok, but I still felt sick after eating out all those meals.

I finally started back at my gym this morning, which was extremely nice to see familiar faces once again. I found a more practical plan that I'm tweaking a bit to fit for me. I recommend Body for Life. The nutrition is so much more practical than Jillian Michaels, (Sorry Jillian, you're still my hero, though)! :) Now, the nutrition isn't the most exciting... but hey, when it comes to nutrition, most people's motto should be "The blander the better"!! :) It calls for a lot of lean protein, a lot of vegetables and good complex carbohydrates. Once you get the ball rolling and can model out what you want for yourself, you don't necessarily have to follow a written book. I just do it for fun sometimes, to experiment so I can form an opinion. (yes, I know, it's weird). Most of the time, I read fitness and nutrition books for knowledge, i don't even do what half of them say. It's just a fun thing to learn.

I really feel like God has been moving lately. What is he doing? I have no idea. I feel like this is a time of preparation for something big. Sometimes I put God into a box, actually most of the time I do. I truly believe that God is going to do things in my life that are surprising, but in a good way, of course. I challenge you to let God help your faith grow. Believe for the impossible. Believe for healing. Believe that He will prosper you, because He will! We also must remember that God's plan for us is better than any plan that we could imagine for ourselves. We really don't give God enough credit sometimes, even though He assures us that He has everything in control. I used to be quite the worrier. I would worry when I didn't have anything to worry about. God is slowly healing me of that, and let me tell you, life is a lot more smooth and relaxing when you cast all of Your worries and burdens on Him. Let Him mold you into who He wants you to be!

No comments: